Academic Book Review: How to Complete It
What Is an Academic Book Review?
According to the well-known book review definition given by many trusted dictionaries, it is a certain form of criticism in which the chosen or suggested book is analyzed taking in account its merits, benefits, style, as well as content. An academic book review can be written for newspapers, magazines, or other periodicals that are either published or placed on the internet. The length of an academic book review can be different, from a one paragraph to a 5-pages essay.
Nowadays, many educational institutions, such as colleges or universities, and even high schools, may ask their students to complete academic book reviews. According to the statistics provided, about 40% of freshmen are not knowledgeable about a book review how to write. It is evident that writing a book review on any book is a problematic task, as the chosen book should be read; some analysis should be made; important notes should be taken; and then a book review should be completed. In case you cannot handle your academic book review due to specific reasons, why not search for assistance or support online?
Help Me Write Greatest Book Review
Our specialists that have been working at our online academic writing company have prepared the list of practical steps that need to be followed to complete the best academic book review. In case you do not understand some points provided below, you can easily find a book review template on our website free of charge.
- Before reading the chosen book, first of all, look for the information that relates to its writers, the epoch of its creations, certain circumstances or background. Then, you should have a close and scrupulous look at its cover as it can give you some essential hints concerning the book under study.
- Don't read the chosen book right away. Open it and scan through it. Look attentively at how the words, sentences and paragraphs are arranged on its pages. Pay close attention to such characteristics as pages or chapters number, illustrations or comments provided. This information will help you in understanding how the writer structured his / her book.
- Consider your strategy aimed at taking notes. Decide what features or details you would like to write your academic book review about. The more notes you take, the easier it will be for you to write your review as you can always refer to them.
- Read the chosen book. While doing this, you should...
- Pay attention to what you are reading, as well as your impressions from the book. In the majority of cases, it is the most difficult challenge for those who do not like reading. For instance, sometimes it is complicated and unbearable to read a 500 pages book to write an academic book report.
- The next step is to apply your taking notes strategy, which can turn out to be a tough task. Consider that taking notes is effective when you are reading a book and not after you finished doing this.
- Try explaining how the chosen book as a whole influenced you.
- Give an explanation on how the writer managed to achieve the effects she or he did.
- Find the correlation between content and form.
- Explain all the relationships of characters to one another.
- Summarize the book. It is one of the easiest parts of a book review. Continue making a summary of it until you manage to cover all the most significant aspects or characters in a clear way. You can utilize this so as to start your academic book review.
- Present your judgment. It is also one of the complicated parts of book review writing. Here you should clearly state your position concerning the worthiness of the book under analysis. Do your best to prove your point of view to convince your future readers of your rightness. You apply some examples, quotes, etc. from the book so as to explain your viewpoint.
- Check whether you managed to reach your aim. Read your academic book review several times to understand whether you indicated all the essential aspects. If you failed to do this, then make a revision of your review and add all the missing elements or parts.
- Edit and proofread you academic book review very attentively or ask your close friends or our online writing service to assist your with this.
If you have any questions concerning academic book review writing, contact our company right now! You can always make an order of academic book review writing, formatting, and editing whenever there is an urgent need.