Ideas for a Thesis Paper on Advertising
The very first thing you need to do in order to write a successful thesis is to choose a suitable topic. This is why it is so important to take this part seriously. First of all, the topic you choose should be a manageable one, which means it should not be overly-broad or overly-narrow. In the second place, your topic should be one you find interesting. In the event you are still unsure what topic to choose, take a look at the topic ideas below. These are all related to the subject of advertising and you should find at least some of them useful:
- Understanding Advertising as an Art
Discuss whether you think the advertising business is an art. What form of art is it?
- The Internet as an Advertising Platform
Discuss how the emergence of the Internet has changed the nature of advertising and the processes surrounding it.
- The Background to Advertising – History of the Industry
Examine the history and background of advertising, exploring it from its beginnings to the present day. List some of the most prominent changes.
- How Advertising Works – The Mechanisms
Describe how people’s minds are influenced by advertising and the psychological mechanisms that are used to make people buy one product or another.
- Use of Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) in Advertising
Discuss your thoughts on NLP in the advertising industry. Do you think this method is effective?
- Well-Known Brand
Provide a list of between five and ten of the world’s best known brands. Describe the history of these brands and how they became successful.
- What Types of Advertising Should be Disallowed
Evaluate and analyze different types of advertisements and say which types should not be allowed. Explain your reasoning.
- Should Tobacco and Alcohol Advertising be Banned or Not?
Consider the different advertisements for tobacco and alcohol and say whether or not you feel these are ethical and/or appropriate. Should there be a ban on promoting these products?
- The Most Lucrative Products in Advertising
Provide a list of the things that are most lucrative or profitable for advertisers to promote.
- How Goods Can be Made Attractive and Popular
Describe the marketing methods you think are most effective and efficient for promoting goods.
- Consumer Psychology – What People Buy
Do some psychological research and say what it is that guides people when they are deciding what products to buy.
- The Stylistic Elements Used in Advertising
Examine a number of advertisements and discuss the peculiarities and styles of the different texts.
- Getting Consumers to Choose Your Products
Highlight some of the tricks that advertisers use to persuade consumers. Say which ones you think are the best and most effective.
- How Children are Impacted by Advertising
How are children influenced by advertising?
- High Quality Versus Effective Advertising – What Works?
Using research, state what it is that determines success. Is it high product quality or clever advertising?
- The Impact of Packaging and Its Influence on Success
Describe how consumers are influenced by the design of the packaging of a product.
- Styles of Execution in Advertising
Explain the different styles and types of advertising.
- The Use of Sex in Advertisements
Give the reasons for using sex in advertising and say if you think this is right or appropriate.
- The Factors that Affect Impulse Purchasing
Say, what you think it is that makes people buy one thing or another.
- Products That Do Not Need to be Promoted
Explain why you think some goods are always popular, what these are, and why they do not need promoting.