Persuasive Business Essay Topics (Bonus: "How to Write a Business Essay" Guide)
If you have to write a persuasive essay for a business class, you will need to begin the process by choosing an issue to write about, then set out your opinion on this, and present a sufficient amount of evidence to persuade your readers to agree or accept your stance. Undoubtedly, whatever topic you choose will significantly affect how successful your essay is.
Writing a business essay can be rather effortless if you know the essential secrets of academic writing. If you want to polish your research and writing skills and learn how to write a business essay, just read our article and you will notice many tricks that will facilitate the writing process.
Study Your Topic Carefully
We assure you that the failure to understand your topic, as well as careless treatment of such an important assignment, may lead to academic failure. As such, we recommend you to understand what issues you are going to address in your paper. If you have some doubts or questions, make sure to ask your instructor for assistance. Also, you may find it easier to understand your purpose from the topic itself. For instance, your professor may ask you to “analyze,” “examine,” “identify,” “evaluate,” “review,” “interpret,” etc.
Typically, there are two types of business essays. The first one requires a thorough analysis of the particular business case, whereas another aims to discuss a particular business situation. A case study aims to identify the causes and consequences of the case that happened in the business world, and a discussion aims to review the key arguments supporting or opposing the particular event, policy, issue, etc.
If your professor allowed you to select the topic of your essay, make sure to use this chance to pick up something interesting to you. We assure you that being passionate about your topic, you won`t get bored when working on your essay. Moreover, the topic for a business essay should be neither too broad nor too narrow. Just focus on a few important aspects and develop your arguments in a logical way.
Factors to Take Into Consideration when Selecting a Business Topic
Topics that relate to business are great subjects to write about since this field has numerous issues – controversial and otherwise – that are well worth investigating and giving some attention to.
- Try to choose a subject that matters to yourself and your readers. In order to create a strong and very persuasive essay, it is very important that everyone involved is interested in all sides of the essay’s argument.
- It is essential also that you are interested in any views that might be opposite to your own view of a subject and to show in your writing that you respect other views. Hence, if the topic you have chosen is something you feel very passionately about but you cannot look at it in an objective manner, you should think about changing it.
- One last factor you will need to consider is how effectively you will be able to research your topic, since you will need to do this well. In the event you have come up with a really fascinating idea or concept for your business essay but you are unable to find a sufficient amount of credible evidence to illustrate or prove your point, it is best not to take an unnecessary risk. Instead, think about choosing another topic.
A Few Good Topic Suggestions to Get You Started
- When a business is in severe financial difficulty or facing bankruptcy, it should not expect to be bailed out by government.
- The practice of outsourcing a business’s IT function is not a cost-effective option in the current economic climate.
- A strict policy on how office employees dress is a restrictive and unnecessary obligation on those who work in offices.
- Large corporate organizations should not be permitted to operate in smaller towns and communities because they force local enterprises out of business.
- A lot of businesses fail because of poor leadership.
- Businesses should be able to reject candidates who smoke.
- All forms of business innovation should be given careful thought since, as well as bringing about positive change, many of these come with a number of different risks.
- A strong and inclusive culture within corporate organizations does not just improve productivity and motivation among employees it also attracts the best candidates.
- Every business should maintain a social media profile.
- Businesses should aim to provide innovative, exclusive, and original services rather than copying the successful strategies of others.
- Introducing team-building initiatives in the workplace is a great way of improving communication and productivity among employees.
- Every business should aim to improve their online image by responding promptly to customers.
- Decision-making in business can be improved and made more effective through diagonal communication.
- Business success is not guaranteed solely on the basis of having a great education.
- It is wrong for employees to resign in order to join a rival company.
Create an Outline
Composing a good outline for your business essay is a particularly important stage of the writing process since it usually helps the writer stay focused and detail-oriented skipping the unnecessary information. As such, if you have a few interesting arguments and want to organize them properly, we recommend you to start with writing an outline identifying the introduction, body, and a conclusion, as well as the information you are going to include in each of these parts.
You may find this interesting: "Writing an Essay on a Business Topic"
How to Write a Business Essay of a Case Study Type?
In your introduction, you need to identify the case study, as well as mention the questions you are going to address. Make sure to define the key objectives of your essay clearly so that the reader could easily follow the flow of your ideas. If your case study contains some unknown definitions, make sure to explain all of them. Also, provide the reader with background information.
- Main Body
In your main body, present a thorough analysis of the case study pointing out the concepts and theories that can be applied to it. Identify the viewpoints of other researchers and emphasize their relevance. Divide your main body into several meaningful paragraphs and make sure to discuss every aspect in a single paragraph.
In your conclusion, refer to the key arguments discussed in the paper once again. Provide logical reasoning and point out the key findings attained in your business essay. Also, the concluding part of your business essay is a good opportunity to provide your recommendations for further research.
- Reference List
All sources you use for writing your business essay should be carefully cited in accordance with the reference style required. What is more, you need to put them in your reference list.
How to Write a Business Essay of a Discussion Type?
Present your understanding of the essay question and comment on the ways you are going to address it. Determine the scope of your essay and outline your key objectives. Present a clear thesis statement that will be proved within further discussion. If you feel that some terms need to be explained to your reader, feel free to do it.
- Main Body
In such an essay type, the main body represents the discussion itself. In your main body, you need to present your thorough work with credible sources, as well as your own understanding of the problem. If you state a clear argument, make sure to present debates for and against it.
You need to arrive at your conclusion providing your reader with a clear understanding of whether you have managed to reach your goals as a researcher. As such, provide the audience with the main discussion findings restating your main arguments.
- List of References
Like any other academic work, a discussion essay should include the list of references used in the research. Keep in mind that all the ideas you take from the outside sources need to be cited according to the formatting style required.
Business Essay Writing Is Not That Difficult!
When you need to write an essay for Finance, Management, Marketing or on any other business topic, you need to follow a certain algorithm and common business writing guidelines to achieve the desired result. Indeed, following the specific business essay format will help you develop a business essay that will be compelling, insightful, and well structured. The most important aspect of business writing is that your essay should be relevant, informative, and formal. The arguments presented in your essay should be supported with the peer-reviewed and up-to-date sources and examples. The other important factors include the use of appropriate wording, presentation, and essay layout.
Let us start writing!
- Analyze the essay question properly.
Before writing your paper, you need to clearly identify your topic and make sure you understand its purpose. Find out the precise wording and identify the approach you are going to use in your essay. In other words, decide what you want to do in your essay – “analyze,” “discuss,” “evaluate,” “interpret,” “explain,” “review,” or “examine.”
There are two types of business essays. The first one requires an analysis of the case or situation, which is known as a case study. In addition, your professor may ask you to write a discussion type essay. For example, you may be asked to discuss the impact of something on a specific process and evaluate its implications. To discuss some topic means to review its causes and consequences pointing out to its key aspects and using solid arguments.
If you can compose the topic, try to select the one that sounds intriguing to you because it will turn the writing into the fascinating process that will bring you a lot of pleasure. Try to pick up neither too broad nor too narrow topic and work with the central idea that was not extensively discussed previously.
- Write a good outline for your essay.
An outline is a very good instrument for organizing the ideas and arguments so that they could be presented in a logical sequence in your business essay. Just write down the key points you want to include in your essay and focus on developing them. Before writing the outline, try to brainstorm the key ideas you want to include in your essay.
- Start the writing process.
No matter what business essay type you need to complete, you need to start with a good introduction in which you will outline your understanding of the question and tell about the ways in wh1ich you are going to address this question. Make sure to define the objectives of your essay clearly since your essay depends on your approach. If there are unknown business terms, do not hesitate to explain them in your introduction.
Provide background information about your case study. No matter who your reader is, you must provide him/her with a clear context.
Then, you need to present an analysis of all the materials collected in your body paragraphs. Each paragraph should start with a clear topic sentence related to your thesis. Referring to the sources used, provide a clear and straight-to-the-point analysis of the case study assigned.
When the discussion is written, you can write a concluding paragraph in which you will point out the key implications found. Keep in mind that your conclusion should not contain new information and direct quotes. Your conclusion repeats the main ideas discussed in the essay and summarizes them.
If you consulted with the books or academic journals, do not forget to create a reference list in which all of these sources should be organized in the alphabetical order.
Editing and Proofreading
If you are ready with your business essay, do not hurry up to submit it. Editing and proofreading are also important parts of the writing process and obvious mistakes will cost you a good grade. Use the following checklist to understand if you managed to cope with the task well:
- Are your ideas presented in a logical order?
- Have you supported your arguments with the solid evidence?
- Have you referenced all the sources used?
- Is your language precise and clear?
- Do your punctuation and spelling meet the academic standards?
- Is the content of your paper relevant/accurate?
Revise the parts of the essay that seem not perfect and you will be able to get the best result. Remember that practice makes perfect and each work makes you closer to achieving your goals.
Persuasive Business Essay Sample